Saturday 3 March 2018

Wrap Up - February 2018

As always I'm a bit late, but I'm finally going to start writing monthly wrap ups! This is something I've been wanting to do for ages but as with everything that I think is a good idea it's taken me bloody ages to get around to it.

February felt like a really productive month, I did a lot of degree-related stuff as well as organising my blog a little more (fingers crossed I actually stick to my schedule...). Also, this month I discovered that I can borrow audiobooks from the library which has revolutionised my journeys to and from uni!

Books Read

Total books read: Five
Physical books: Three
Audiobooks: Two

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling - My first audiobook choice from the library because Stephen Fry reading this series may be the most soothing thing in the whole world!

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas - This was an ongoing read because throughout Jan and the #MHBookBingo I was reading this on the side so it took me ages. But ultimately I did really enjoy it, I forget how much I love fantasy and I need to make sure I read more this year!

Love, Simon by Becki Albertalli - I loved this, one of the best contemporaries I've read in a long time! You can read my full review here.

The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr - Not going to dwell on it too much but this book is a big no from me, the bad mental health rep or whatever it is is just really not good and yeah. I don't want to give bad public reviews but tweet me if you want my actual thoughts!

A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie - Listened to this while walking to uni for something different, was a bit dated (started with a bit of homophobia lol fun times) but I did enjoy reading something different.

Carrying Over

The Diviners by Libba Bray - I had this audiobook but due to the length of it I didn't finish it before my two week loans was up and someone had a hold on it so I wasn't able to finish it last month, however I got an email today saying it is back in my possession and I'm excited to finish the story off!

Thanks for reading, how many books did you manage in February? Any of these? Let me know in a comment below. I hope March is a good reading month for us all...

2 comments:

  1. Stephen Fry narrating the Harry Potter books is one of the best audiobook experiences out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to start reading Agatha Christie for awhile now. I think I have one in my to-read stacks somewhere, but I have over 500 books in my to-read stacks, so I'm not really sure where the book might be!

    ReplyDelete