Sunday 31 December 2017

Mental Health Book Bingo TBR


The MH Book Bingo is almost upon us and I am super duper excited! First things first, if you have no idea what I'm on about please make sure you've read my announcement post ðŸ˜Š
I meant to upload this post quite a while ago but as usual life got in the way so I'm only just getting around to it, here is what I intend to read for the bingo!

Because January is The Month Of Exams™ I'm not sure if I'm going to get a full bingo but here are the books I am currently planning to read in the month and the categories which I'm using them for as well as some others which I (over)ambitiously hope to get around to at the same time. Other categories for books I am reading are in italics in case people are looking for ones to fill a gap




My main five choices:
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer - Delusions/hallucinations rep
Countless by Karen Gregory - ED rep
Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall - MC with 2+ MI's; Agoraphobia rep (ownvoices); romance with MC with MI
10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac - LGBT+ MC with MI; Anxiety rep
The Skeleton Cupboard by Tanya Byron - Nonfiction about MI

Others I hope to find time for:
Cheer Up, Love by Susan Calman - Memoir about MI
Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher - Bipolar disorder rep (ownvoices)
Asking For It by Louise O'Neill - Depression rep/free space


Let me know if you're also planning to get involved in #MHBookBingo and if you need any requests then please drop me a comment or tweet me or the @BingoMH account! I'm so excited about doing this readathon now and I can't wait to read more mental health books with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Sar,
    I have seen Under Rose Tainted Sky a couple of times now around the Internet. Very curious to see what you think of it. Shock of the Fall has a beautiful cover, and so does The Skeleton Cupboard. Gosh dang it. So pretty. Carrie Fisher's book is one I haven't heard of before. The one that's popular in stores is the Princess Diarest (I think that's what it is called). Fisher tends to be really frank about bipolar disorder. I have a form of her illness called cyclothymia. It's like a mellower version of Fisher's diagnosis. I hope you find her book enlightening. *Hoping there'll be a review of it on the blog*
    Lates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually already read URTS but I loved it so much I'm rereading it! Honestly I think it is SUCH a good representation! The Skeleton Cupboard has gold sparkle-y bits on it in real life as well it is so beautiful! I've never read any of Carrie's books before but this sounds like it'll be an interesting read; I'm intending to review it so keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete