Monday 20 November 2017

Mental Health Mondays #15 : Progress


So firstly I want to sincerely apologise for the severe lack of MHMs in the last few weeks. I don't have an excuse, they just haven't happened. I guess that I temporarily lost motivation and I couldn't for the life of me think of anything at all that I could say that anyone would find of interest. Anyway here we are and now I'm back so, hello!

If you've read the last MHM post What Now? you'll know I've been a pretty confused and conflicted about where I am and what to do but things appear to be looking in my favour at last ðŸ˜Œ

The last few weeks have been bumpy in terms of mental health in a way that I haven't really felt before (I'm not going to go in to details because I don't feel comfortable with that I hope you can understand) so when it came to seeing my clinical psychologist for the first time in around 4 months I was determined not to let the opportunity slip away and to get out of it as much as I could - and for once I actually achieved what I set out to! I wrote a list of stuff to ask about before I went to the appointment so that I couldn't freak out and forget everything I needed - which I'd definitely recommend to people because it helped me out a lot!

So yeah, now I've been set the task of filling out a plan (which is lengthy and really challenging so far but in a good way I think) to help my psychologist understand where I stand - something which I think will really benefit me AND I've been able to get a referral for a disability support plan for my degree so I can get proper support in place for if/when things get tough during uni which will be really helpful. I'm just very pleased that I'm finally getting some stuff!

I've been praying for growth and development in my situation for a long while now so to be sat here and looking at the support that I have been/am going to be provided with feels good and so I suppose what I want this quick post to emphasise to you is this - do not give up on what you think you need, keep pushing for it and it will eventually turn around for you. It's taken me years to get to a position where I feel I'm truly being taken seriously and I hope that it will continue.

Thanks for reading! If you have a post that you'd like to see - anything mental health related at all! Then please leave a comment or DM me on Twitter as I'm always in need of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment